[X4U] SATA II

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 17:15:18 PST 2006

On Nov 10, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> Is there a place where one can buy such a drive?  Will it work in a
> 24" iMac?  A friend needs to know.

SATA controllers and drives are backwards and forwards compatible with
each other. In other words you can use an newer drive with an older
controller or vice versa. You may loose a little performance or not
get full feature support, but any combination should work.

Phil
--
"The tragedy of our day is the climate of fear in which we live and
fear breeds repression. Too often, sinister threats to the Bill of