[X4U] Older G4 desktop - and large format drives

JeepXJ jeepxj97 at durango.net
Tue Nov 14 10:55:29 PST 2006

you can buy ATA Hi-Cap driver and then it takes the limit out.

http://www.speedtools.com/ATA6.shtml

Just installed a 300 gig on my QS 00
OtherWorldComputing (macsales.com) sells it cheaper than oem if you
buy the drive from them.

Read the instructions/warnings very carefully though.
no problems at all, they do recommend partitioning it in case you
have problems but i have other drives to boot from.

Robb
  Too many macs to count
Started with the 128k