[X4U] Rolling back to 10.4.7 - RESULTS

Robert A. Virzi bob.virzi at verizon.com
Tue Nov 14 12:45:39 PST 2006

Recap: 10.4.8 was causing me problems, mainly with Eudora and
SuperDuper, but also with general program crashes.  I asked for help
"rolling back" to 10.4.7.

I did this by doing an Archive and Install of 10.4 from disk, and
then immediately applying the 10.4.7 COMBO updater.

Short answer: worked like a charm!  No more crashes and things are
much better now.

Longer answer: It is a bit of a pain.  Took a couple of hours to
reinstall, run the updater, and clean up some things that got lost in
the translation (spotlight privacy, apps flagged as 'first time
running,' and setting up chron jobs).

But overall, well worth the effort.

Thanks to all, especially, Linda, Matt, Eddie, John, and Randy for
their very helpful suggestions.
		-Bob