[X4U] hide BCC field

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Nov 15 08:17:49 PST 2006

On 15 Nov 2006, at 14:24, Daly Jessup wrote:
> At 9:45 AM -0800 14/11/06, Earle Jones wrote:
>> On Nov 14, 2006, at 8:39 AM, nk wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, no doo dad on this version of Mail.app, but thank you!
>>
>> nk:  Sorry about that.  I'm running Tiger, complete with doo-dad!
>
> I'm running Tiger, and in Mail.app there is a "doo-dad" to the left
> of the Accounts field,  not the subject field. Could that be the
> one you are talking about?

I was about to say "of course that's the one we're talking about" and
imply sharp criticism at Mr Jones' inaccurate description of where to
find the said drop-down (that's the technical term for "doodad", BTW).

But I discovered that if you click on this drop-down not only do you
have options to hide/display the Reply-to & BCC fields, but there is
also a "customise" choice.

Unfortunately there is no option to add your own header fields to the
email message, but the reason I'm posting is that if you untick the
options to show Account & Signature drop-downs and click "ok" then
the doo-dad does indeed display to the left of the subject field just
as Mr Jones originally described.

Perhaps this'll clear up some confusion!!

Stroller.