[X4U] fellow luddites?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Nov 17 12:21:47 PST 2006

On Nov 17, 2006, at 4:06 AM, Geoffrey Loeffler wrote:

> OS 9 is now 7 year old and still runs everything just fine, except
> the web browser maybe getting unusable due to lack of upgrades.

Further, it runs everything it did 7 years ago just as well today as
it did then. We have a beige G3 running OS 9 at home -its sole
purpose is running "old" games. At work, I still have two 8100's
running OS 9 capturing electrophysiology data. In neither case would
a newer computer or newer OS help one bit.

And it was just 3 years ago the venerable old IIfx was retired from
print server duty along with the LaserWriter II connected to it.

OTOH, I do have a newer computer running OS X at home for the "new"
games, and newer computers running OS X for analyzing the data saved
by the 8100's.

-Mike