[X4U] fellow luddites?

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Fri Nov 17 18:55:30 PST 2006

Randy B.Singer wrote:
> Daly Jessup said:
>
>> Anyway, anyone wanting "the old days" and who can still use Classic,
>> might want to consider WriteNow as a word processor.

> If you like WriteNow, Mariner Write is a surprisingly similar program,
> with the huge advantage that it is OS X-native and a dual-binary (it runs
> natively on an Intel-based Macintosh) and it is fully supported and
> continually developed.
>
> http://www.marinersoftware.com/sitepage.php?page=12
>
> Indeed, those who miss MacWrite should probably also check out Mariner
> Write.
>
> There is a free demo downloadable from:
>
> http://www.marinersoftware.com/download.php
>
> Randy B. Singer

You're absolutely right, of course.
I've used Mariner Write since it was a pup. I still use it for most of
my writing.
it's continually getting better and better.
I've talked until I'm hoarse, applauding M.W. ~ To little effect.

There were bugs initially, and the program was not all that polished.
But, one could see potential...
Now in it's severalth incantation, it's exceptionally capable, and very
light on it's feet.
It takes up little room and is a great word processor. It can now hold
it's own with almost any other word processor.

Do give it a try. No commitment if you find out you don't like it, so
why not?

keith whaley