[X4U] Removing noise from Audio Hijack recording of Skype call

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 24 11:31:37 PST 2006

My friend Noah and I produce a podcast <http://podcast.hawktaildesign.com/>
and we use Skype (he's in Mexico and I'm in California). I record the audio
chat with Audio Hijack Pro.

Problem: The recording of the episode we recorded yesterday is covered in
loud, fuzzy static. For about 15-20 minutes somewhere in the middle of the
recording it goes away, but it's there for most of it, and it's simply
unbearable to listen to.

Question 1: Why did this happen and how can I prevent it from happening in
the future?

Question 2: Is there any way to salvage this audio recording? We were also
recording ourselves in GarageBand, as a failsafe, but mine stopped recording
about 15 minutes before the end, so I'm missing a big chunk.

--
Eddie Hargreaves
Stockton, CA