[X4U] Everything that's wrong with Zune

nk netkat at comcast.net
Sun Nov 26 04:45:56 PST 2006

the article has two premises which seem very weak to me. 1) that "most
people prefer windows." and 2) make the Zune more like a windows pc

People have Windows rammed down their throats, and/or are afraid NOT to
use it for fear that they'll be out in the cold, incompatible, etc. Yer
basic F.U.D.

The fact that iPod is successful across platform users is that there IS
no fiddling around to get it to work. Listening to music is about
having FUN, not about having a geekfest. It's about putting on
headphones and blissing out to music, not about being assimilated into
the Borg collective.

That so many have embraced the iPod sez to me that, when people don't
feel they HAVE to submit to the Windows way of doing things, they
don't. They readily embrace simplicity and elegance over the tinkering
otherwise foisted upon them by windows. Seems to me, Zune already IS
more like a windows pc with its interface, dumb form factor, and
incompatibility issues.

it seems JUST like a windows PC

just my 2 cents

nk