[X4U] Kill startup sound on G5

John McClernan mcclernan1 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 29 06:08:11 PST 2006

I missed the beginning of this thread, so I don't know all the
details. However, when my baby was sleeping (14 yrs. ago!) in the
same room as the computer, the startup chime would wake her. I went
to Radio Shack and bought a cheap plastic 1/8" audio mini-plug
connector and plugged it into the headphone port of my PM6500. Since
there was nothing connected to the end of the mini-plug, there was no
sound at all at startup. It's a cheap, easy solution.
My 2¢.
Cheers,
John