[X4U] Energy Saver question

Wayne Wilkin macsys at mac.com
Wed Nov 29 08:40:47 PST 2006

Computers: all flavors, G5's, emacs, mac mini's.
all running X.4.8
So you multiple accounts on a computer 3 to be specific. Also root
enabled on all.
I do a lot of work at home on the weekends connecting to systems via
ARD 3.1 and VPN.
One thing that bugged me for the longest time was that I could not
connect to any of the computers if Energy Saver was active.
So what I had done was in root System Prefs/Energy Saver "Put the
computer to sleep when it is inactive for" and "Put the display to
sleep when it is inactive for" is to move both sliders to "never". In
the Desktop/Screen Saver preference I have activated the screen saver
to 30 minutes. This allowed me to connect without any problems.

So now the question. If you have multiple accounts on a computer and
all the accounts have different Energy Saver preferences, what
Preferences takes control at the login screen, thanks Wayne.