[X4U] Stuck CD - advice much appreciated.

Frank Isackson fisackson at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 30 17:32:30 PST 2006

As was suggested allow the Mac to cool down for an hour or so and then startup holding down the mouse button. This has worked for Cubes and laptops in the past when I've been confronted with the same issue. However sometimes what happens is the CD just peeks out and then is inhaled by the mechanism once more. In this instance I use a pair of rubber coated needle-nose pliers to grab the little devil and pull it out before it returns to the bowels of the drive. (Be prepared to ruin the CD.)

In any case this is no panacea.

Good luck,

Frank Isackson