[X4U] How stable is 10.4.8?

..lj darwin at ljsworld.com
Wed Oct 4 08:00:32 PDT 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 06:57, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> Any issues or warnings before I install the 10.4.8 upgrade? I'm on
> 10.4.7 now.
2 Issues found with upgrade.

1) Skype could log in but could not see or contact other Skype
members. However, Skypeout still worked. Had to delete the folder "~/
Library/Application Support/Skype" to get it to work again.

2) AFP issues with 10.4.7 machines. Quicktime would freeze/crash when
playing video from a firewire drive connected to a 10.4.7 system.
This problem went away when the other system was brought up to 10.4.8
..lj