[X4U] Re: Notes Organizer

Wilson Ng wilsonng_gum at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 19:04:01 PDT 2006

You get what you paid for.... I'm not sure if there are many "free" options
for note taking.

Sometimes you just gotta pony up for it and you'll realize that it was worth
the money after all....

http://www.devon-technologies.com/products/devonthink/

I personally use DevonThink Pro. It's got a great fuzzy logic feature. The
more articles/notes you put it, the smarter it gets.... You can group your
articles in folders and sub-folders.

After you group a bunch of articles together, it can suggest where to group
future articles. Of course, you can manually drag-and-drop notes. There are
also links so that you can replicate the note and place it into another
folder. It provides a link so that you edit the same note.

For example, I have a note called "MacOS X Tips and Tricks for my
PowerBook". I can put it in my "MacOS X tips" folder. I can replicate a link
and put that link into my Hardware > PowerBook folder. This points to the
original note in my "MacOS X tips" folders...

There is also a "See also" button which allows me to see similar articles
based on the contents of the current note you're viewing...

It's $80 but it'll be $80 well spent.... The same company also has a couple
scaled down siblings called DevonThink Personal for $40 and DevonNote for
$20.

You can see a feature comparison chart that will give you a better idea of
which one fits your needs:
http://www.devon-technologies.com/products/devonthink/comparison.html

Just a happy customer......

Of course, there are some of the others that other people favor but I've
been happy with DevonThink Pro....

:-D   Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET