[X4U] drop stuff huge time estimate

Alec McKenzie alec at mckenzie.me.uk
Thu Oct 12 14:34:42 PDT 2006

At 13:13 -0700 on 12/10/06, nk wrote:
>I just used drop stuff to compress a work folder, and to test it, expanded it right away.
>
>I noticed the estimated time given was a VERY large number of hours..prbly longer than the universe has been around!
>
>the archive did open fine, but I am concerned about this wacky estimate. Plus, I have experience with 1 other archive also showing a huge
>estimated time to unstuff that never DOES finish un-stuffing.
>
>anyone know about this?

I also have seen estimated times for compression in the thousands of hours, but they finish as expected within a matter of seconds. They also unstuff exactly as they should.

I would imagine this is a simple bug in the calculation of the estimated time. I have never known it to  compromise the compression itself.

--
Alec McKenzie
alec at mckenzie.me.uk