[X4U] getting app to return to folder

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Oct 12 18:23:06 PDT 2006

NK wrote:

>>I'm working with Illustrator, and having to go back to the project
>>folder, of course, to open and save things.
>>
>>Each time I have to do this, I have to tunnel my way back to that
>>folder! Is there a way to tell OS X to keep going to that folder
>>I'm working with?

I agree with the other suggestions (temporary icon in the side bar or
use Recent items). For me, the best solution is to use Default Folder
<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/13660>.

It lets you create a folder of Favorites that shows up to the side of
any open/save dialog. It also lets you  option-click the name of a
file in a directory to have that name show up in the current save as:
dialog, so you can modify it slightly (like rev3 to rev4) and quickly
save, without having to type the whole name all over again.  You can
also set any folder you like as your default folder for saving. And
many other things. Really a nice application. But not free.

Daly