[X4U] New Mac Upgrade

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Wed Oct 18 17:29:50 PDT 2006

At 3:06 PM -0400 18/10/06, John Belen wrote:
>Aha!! But therein lies the twist!!
>
>The reason that I am upgrading is because the Firewire port on my
>Titanium is burned out, hence no Target mode. Now! That being said,
>I DO have an external enclosure that I can toss my Titanium
>harddrive into. Will Migration Assistant work if I stick my drive in
>an enclosure?

I don't see how you could do Firewire mode with an external
enclosure. The signal to a computer to mount in FW target disk mode
is to hold down its "T" key. With just an external drive, you don't
have that "T" key. You just have an  actual external FW drive, not a
computer being made to function as if it were an external drive.

Daly