[X4U] New Mac Upgrade

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Wed Oct 18 18:25:59 PDT 2006

Setting a Mac to target disc mode and connecting it via Firewire does
nothing more than allows the hard drive of that computer to mount as if it
was an external hard drive.

As far as I remember, when it asks you to boot your old Mac in target disc
mode, ignore these instructions and just connect the external drive. You
can then choose the startup drive when asked by Migration Assistant.

Cheers,

Cojcolds

John Belen <imacdude at mac.com>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
19/10/06 05:06 AM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [X4U] New Mac Upgrade

Aha!!  But therein lies the twist!!

The reason that I am upgrading is because the Firewire port on my Titanium
is burned out, hence no Target mode.  Now! That being said, I DO have an
external enclosure that I can toss my Titanium harddrive into.  Will
Migration Assistant work if I stick my drive in an enclosure?

Thanks!!