[X4U] Mail quits

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Oct 21 17:56:01 PDT 2006

On 21 Oct 2006, at 22:20, Karlene Goodman wrote:
> ...  Mail opens then starts to download
> (spinning thing) then quits unexpectedly. I don't even get an error
> message.

If the "spinning thing" looks like a beach-ball then it actually
isn't the Mail program indicating that is downloading, but the Mac
operating-system indicating that a program is hung & not responding.

If the spinning thing is actually within Mail itself then the problem
may be a corrupt message on the pop server, but if it's the beach-
ball of death then I'd be inclined to think that a corrupt message in
Mail's store is to blame.

Try creating another user account in OS X (System Preferences >
Accounts) logging in as that user & setting up that POP3 account in
Mail as that user. Are you able to download mail now?

Stroller.