[X4U] Mail quits

Lee Licata lazilicata at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 23:44:46 PDT 2006

Karlene,

I JUST had this happen to me.

Turns out it was a very corrupt msg.

I deleted it from the server, and went to the folder that has the
mailboxes (home/library/mail) and deleted the trash mailbox. (It was
really huge!)

I then booted into safe mode and went for a walk.

Then all was well....

BTW, the msg was from someone I knew. He was trying to send to me a
jpeg, but when looking at the msg on the server, the jpeg was just
row upon row of letters and numbers, and it went on and on.

This has happened to me in the past, and only from this same friend.
He is not very computer savvy and cannot figure out why it is messing
up my mac, but not the others that also get it...

Lee