[X4U] Wireless

Rod Buchanan lists_lrb at mac.com
Tue Oct 24 11:25:05 PDT 2006

On 10/24/06 11:50 AM, "Paul Moortgat" <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

> My doctor has a new PC and uses a wireless router to go to the
> internet.  He also wants to have his two 4 year old parallel printers
> in this wireless network.
> What does he need to do so?  He talked about a D-Link.
> Being my doctor, I will do something out of the ordinary and ask this
> question here.

I used a D-Link DP-311P to hook my LaserJet 4000 to my Airport network and
it worked flawlessly.  I had to abandon it when I upgraded to a Netgear
WGR614 and WPA because the D-Link only supported WEP encryption.

D-Link now has a Model DP-G301 which is 802.11b & g and supports WPA as well
as WEP.

--
Rod

"The foolish reject what they see and not what they think; the wise reject
what they think and not what they see."
-- Huang Po