[X4U] fellow luddites?

William Scammell bill at wscd.biz
Sun Oct 29 04:37:19 PST 2006

i get a new machine, these days just laptops, every 4-5 years.

i like to get the max amount of time out of any purchase.

i'll probably upgrade to 10.5 next year so i have it on both my Ti500
and my Alum1.5, but that's about it.

maybe a random software upgrade here and there, but i agree, the
upgrade merry go round is a bit too fast.  :)

part of me wishes that the tech. would reach the ceiling on GHz so
the hype would finally die down.

(yes, something else would take its place.)

go luddites, go !!!

On Oct 29, 2006, at 1:37 AM, nk wrote:

> heh..no..
>
> but, OS X is *so* capable and stable, and modern enough to go for
> awhile..
>

> On Oct 28, 2006, at 8:31 PM, Nick Scalise wrote:
>
>> Do you mean like the folks that are still on OS 9?

William Scammell
bill @ wscd.biz
vox: 781-956-3548
fax: 978-594-5290