[X4U] fellow luddites?

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Sun Oct 29 17:34:48 PST 2006

On Oct 29, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Linda wrote:

> On 10/28/06 8:47 PM, nk wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if there are others here who are also going to stay put
>> with what they have right now, and what pitfalls, if any, await us?

*
Here's my 0.0177 Euros:

I tend to upgrade to the latest System software -- here's why.

Let's say you skip a few upgrades and find yourself using something
like 10.2 (or 9.2 God forbid!) while the rest of us are at 10.4.8.

Sooner or later you're going to want to upgrade.  And when you do,
you'll find that it's easier to make a small incremental upgrade
rather than a quantum jump.  It is possible to make these large
upgrades (Apple has the 'Jumbo' software downloadable) but I find
that incremental  upgrades always go more smoothly, with fewer
glitches in getting your old applications up and running.

Just my 0.83 Yen.

earle
*