[X4U] setting up an ftp server with tiger

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Mon Oct 30 12:20:28 PST 2006

david

thanks for the additional info.

i downloaded pureFTPd and installed it. runs great and greatly
simplifies the setup procedure.

my major problem was configurating the router so that it would
forward the traffic to a specific machine on my network. (i also had
to get a static ip address from my provider).

i was able to log into that machine from the other side of town, so
all is well now.

as for down/upload speeds, there's nothing much i can do about it.
300kbps upload is not too bad… (remember surfing on a 33k modem?!)

regards.

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.8 ::