[X4U] Using Apple's Find (Command F)

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Sep 1 14:01:27 PDT 2006

On 1 Sep 2006, at 21:40, Neil wrote:
> on 9/1/06 3:55 PM, Robert Ameeti wrote:
>
>> ... I want to be able to easily search for all documents
>> modified today that reside anywhere on my hard drive and I want them
>> shown in Last Modified Date order (time)
>
> Could this be done with a smart folder?

If you tried it you'd see that the answer is "yes".

I have to say, however, that I find Smart Folders somewhat non-
intuitive. I can right-click on the desktop & choose to make a "New
Folder" there, but not a Smart Folder. I don't understand why not.
The default view of the smart folder groups the by type and if you do
not have the set of 3 "View" buttons in your Finder toolbar it is not
immediately obvious that you can "View ... As List" to get the column
headers you need in order to sort by date or size or whatever.
Hopefull Smart Folders & Mailboxes will be better in 10.5.

Stroller.