[X4U] Using Apple's Find (Command F)

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Fri Sep 1 18:47:37 PDT 2006

At 5:24 PM -0700, 9/1/06, John Baltutis wrote:

>  > I would like for Apple's Find to default to finding in List view
>>  where I can then sort by clicking on a header. Kinda like it always
>>  was before it got so fancy that you'd have to know what catagory of a
>>  file you were looking for (or for when you don't care as to the
>>  catagory but just want to view every type of file in a date (time)
>>  sorted order.
>
>The only way to do that is to modifiy the default_smart.plist buried
>within the
>Finder.app package (/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app). See
><http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050501162147222> for the
>details. BTW, Spotlight and Finder Find shortcomings are nothing new, but it
>appears that you've just migrated to Tiger.

lol.  Nope. I am an early adopter to each version but I was just
recently again trying to accomplish something that used to be so easy
yet is now so unintuitive and was just expressing my frustration that
Apple has yet to fix.
--

Robert Ameeti

The chief obstacle to the progress of the human race is the human race.
            -- Don Marquis