[X4U] Core 2 Duo Is Out - Merom On Sale at Dell!

revDAVE coolcat at hosting4days.com
Sat Sep 2 15:22:44 PDT 2006

On 9/2/2006 1:14 PM, "B. Kuestner" <kuestner at macnews.de> wrote:

>  From the tests that I have seen the opposite seems the case.
> Compared to the Core Duo in current Mac laptops the new mobile Core 2
> Duo aka Merom seems to be significantly faster (depending on the type
> of task) but also draws more battery power in most situations.
>
> <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2009200,00.asp>

 - wow - that is quite an interesting report - which  definitely contradicts
some some other things I've read ...  Apparently we should know something
soon ...

Reports that Apple will be hosting a special media event on September 12th
began emerging yesterday. According to multiple reports, Apple will be
hosting the event in San Francisco which will be also streamed live to
London.

- - - - -
From: Mac Rumors: Apple Mac Rumors and News You Care About
Location: http://www.macrumors.com/