[X4U] Problem Installing BootCamp on MacBook Pro

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sat Sep 9 01:38:28 PDT 2006

On 7 September, 2006, at 6:10:45, Kevin Hahn wrote:

> I'm trying to install BootCamp 1.1 with Windows XP home edition
> with SP2 on my MacBook Pro with 2.16GHz Intel core duo processor.

  I recall reading something about using a certain version of the
Windows OS that makes me think  you may have the wrong version to
install on your Mac.

I have this niggling thought that you need Windows XP Pro instead of
home edition and it definitely HAS to be Service Pack 2 for that
version.

Since I do not intend to contaminate my Macs with Windows, I paid
very little attention to the physical requirements for the
installation. When I absolutely need to use Windows, I fire up a Dell
Latitude P4 laptop and keep the infection confined to it alone. 'Nuff
said 'bout that!