[X4U] pcanywhere

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Thu Sep 14 06:46:32 PDT 2006

While there is now a PCAnywhere program for the Mac, this may not be
your best choice. If PCAnywhere is already installed on the remote
PC, and if you can't or shouldn't be installing anything additional
on the PC, then this might be best. But if might be overkill for what
you need.

For my PC users at work, I install http://www.RealVNC.com on the PCs.
Then, at their homes, they can install RealVNC if they have PCs, or
they can install VNCViewer or ChickenOfTheVNC or any other viewer or
client vnc apps.

Many of the VNC applications are free and quite good. PCAnywhere
might have additional features beyond the VNC apps, but next to no
one needs them. Try the VNC freeware route first and I'll bet you'll
be quite happy.

--

Robert Ameeti

A fool and his money are soon partying.