[X4U] Can video be made sideways?

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Thu Sep 21 11:49:11 PDT 2006

Hi all,

My manager want's to get a widescreen plasma TV to mount in our lobby
that we would hook up to a DVD player. He would then like us to
produce a "commercial video loop" that we would burn on DVD that
would promote our various services and specials. The problem (or not,
that's why I'm asking) is that the TV would have to be mounted
sideways so that the wide screen becomes a tall screen. Now, I'm not
familiar with video producing/editing applications but I'm willing to
learn. Who knows, it might lead to more business producing them for
our customers. My question is in two parts; without getting too
expensive, what software can/should I be using to produce the video.
And does said software allow you to produce a video that's rotated 90
degrees to that it's taller than it is wide?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com