[X4U] Powermac 7500 ethernet shot

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 13:49:55 PDT 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 1:06 PM, Kansas Territory wrote:

> Had a storm blow through here the other night. I thought maybe it
> hosed my router/switch, but as it turns out, I got one computer
> here on the network (Powermac 7500)  with a blown ethernet port..
> Everything else on the network appears to be working fine.
>
> Is there anything I can try that might bring back this ethernet
> port from the dead ?  Or can someone recommend a new Ethernet card
> that I could maybe just drop in to this computer ?

Kingston, MacSense, DLink and others make cards that work. There are
chipsets that are generically supported, in that a card using that
chipset probably will work. If a little googling doesn't find you
specifics I'll dig through my drawers for the cards. Don't get ripped
off by purchasing a card from a Mac company. You should be able to
get a card for $10 to $20.

Phil