[X4U] Can video be made sideways?

Rod Buchanan lists_lrb at mac.com
Thu Sep 21 16:08:06 PDT 2006

On 9/21/06 5:46 PM, "Neil" <lists at mac.com> wrote:

>> Rotate the camera when you shoot.  Any decent tripod should allow that,
>> though getting it perfectly level might be tricky..
>
> Actually, many still camera photographers shoot photos at a 90 degree angle,
> so tripods made for still photography are usually made to be able to give
> you a perfectly level shot on the camera's side.

I assumed you could still get tripods that can do that.  Mine does it (but
I've had it for over 25 years).

It seems to me that shooting in portrait (if possible) would yield better
quality than trying to rotate it digitally, plus you don't have to deal with
cropping, etc.

--
Rod

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a
million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion"
-- L. Ron Hubbard