[X4U] Second DVD in MacPro

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Sep 26 09:09:32 PDT 2006

On Sep 26, 2006, at 10:18 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> And when a disk is inserted it will close and then open immediately.
> Has some heard about this?

The only times I've had that happen is when it can't completely close
properly for some reason. It sounds like it isn't even getting to the
point of spinning up, so I'd lean towards a "mechanical" problem
somewhere like an obstruction (however small). Does the drive have
that front "plate" on the tray that needs to be removed?

Other wild guesses:
Are you sure the data cable is properly connected?
Are the jumper settings correct?

-Mike