[X4U] Driver for wireless card on Powerbook G3?

Rick Smykla rsmykla at verizon.net
Tue Sep 26 11:13:21 PDT 2006

Hi Mark,

I used to use the free driver available at sourceforge, and although
last time I checked it showed 10.2 compatibility, I was able to
install it under 10.2 and it kept working after the upgrade to 10.3.
<http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net/>

That said, at some point I had to reformat my drive and couldn't get
the driver working again on my Lombard with Orinoco silver card. This
driver from IOexperts will work, but it's not free:
<http://www.ioxperts.com/80211b_X.html>

Another choice may be the Orangeware driver, available here:
<http://www.orangeware.com/endusers/wirelessformac.html>

though I haven't tried this one. Both of the last two offer a short
test session that will allow you to evaluate the driver with your
card before purchase.

Ralink also provides drivers that work with some Airport compatible
cards. I haven't checked these for compatibility, but perhaps someone
else can comment.
<http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm>

Good luck,
RIck