[X4U] Transcription, document management (part deux)

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Wed Sep 27 21:58:07 PDT 2006

Hi Jim,

I haven't tried using such software but you might want to look at iListen.
It has a transcription add-on and the main product is only $40US. Even as
a trial it may be worth your while. This software could eliminate all your
other questions/concerns.

http://www.macspeech.com/default.php?ref=10232&affiliate_banner_id=26

Cheers,

Coj

Jim Robertson <jamesrob at sonic.net>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
28/09/06 02:32 PM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

Mac OS Digest <x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [X4U] Transcription, document management (part deux)

Thanks for the detailed response! I'll digest it gradually and probably
ask
you more questions!

The issue that's easiest to discuss is about the dictation software
breaking
the sound files into chunks. That's so that they're smaller than the email
server's allowance for attachments. If a 3 minute mp3 is about 3 Mbytes,
and
a dictation goes on for 10 minutes, it may be too big to send to our
transcriptionist as an email attachment. That's why I was wondering about
creating an ftp server on our LAN.

Jim Robertson