[X4U] Transcription, document management (part deux)

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Thu Sep 28 08:52:15 PDT 2006

On 27/9/06 9:58 PM, "Jim Robertson" <jamesrob at sonic.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know of transcription software that our Mac-loving
> transcriptionist could install on her computer so that we could still
> dictate into the phone and she'd receive digital sound files? I've looked at
> "Express Dictate",

Transana

http://www.transana.org/

I haven't installed the Mac version but the PC version has a transcription
feature built into it. I think the Mac version is the same. You need the
sound files already digitized as an AIFF or MP3 but once you have that you
can go back and forth with only key stokes and transcribe the file to a .txt
file.

Maybe it would help?

Richard