[X4U] Memory leak in Safari

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Fri Sep 29 07:55:12 PDT 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 4:37 AM, Brett George wrote:

> Oh I notice it big time. Especially ever since I installed the
> latest OS upgrade to 10.4.7.
> I have a G4/1.33 that's on 24/7 as well. After a couple days,
> Safari grabs up all the extra Space until I have to restart and I
> have been running Onyx lately as well to help clear it up. I have
> 1.25GB or Ram and Safari will end up with 1 GB of it if no other
> programs are running!

I've noticed this as well..  on  Dual G4 with 1gb ram..   Safari is a
memory hog..   and what made me notice is this..   as I've always
done, leaving my computer on 24/7  a few documents open, a few
browser windows open etc..  if I leave Safari alone for a bit, then
a really long time before it "wakes" back up.   Apparently trying to
get all it's memory in order..

Currently Activity Monitor shows Safari with virtual memory of 1.69
GB,  kernel_task with 820.95MB and iTunes with 245MB
just seems like that would mean a whole lot of swapping going on ?

Kansast