[X4U] automatically clear cache in firefox?

Lorance Stinson lorancestinson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 09:54:10 PDT 2007

There used to be an easy to access option to tell Firefox to check the
page each time it's loaded. They made it hard to find, along with most
of the useful advanced options. To clear the cache each time you quit
in version 2, this applies to 1.5 also but the settings are in a
different location, open the options, choose Privacy, check the option
"Always clear my private...", click the "Settings" next to that and
select what date you want cleared. I have it clear the cache and
download history. When FF gets slow I just restart it and the cache is
cleared. Make sure the option "Ask me before clearing private data" is
unchecked or it will ask each time. If you ever want to clear the
cache without quitting from now on select the "Tools" menu then "Clear
Private Data".

After checking about:config and Google I think this is what you are
looking for: <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.cache.check_doc_frequency>.
The instructions for changing it seem to apply only to the windows
version. To change it on a Mac open the page "about:config", enter the
value "browser.cache.check_doc_frequency" into the filter box, double
click the option and enter the value corresponding to the behavior you
desire.

http://lorance.freeshell.org/
http://lorancestinson.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorancestinson/