[X4U] Mail.app capacities

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Apr 18 23:17:27 PDT 2007

I'm currently running on 10.3.9, though I'm not sure how much of an
effect that will have on this.  Just how capable of handling mail is
Mail.app?  I use Eudora Pro for my day to day email.  However I have
a couple of administrative accounts that I use Mail.app to keep an
eye on.  With only 12,596 messages in the one box, and 2727 in the
other it is practically paralyzed.  It simply doesn't seem to be able
to handle the load.  It takes a minute or more to load the larger
box, and it will pop up the spinning beach ball when I click on some
of the messages.  This is on a G5 2x2 with 3.5GB RAM, so it's not
some puny machine.

Zane