[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Tim Collier timjcollier at mac.com
Fri Aug 3 14:48:25 PDT 2007

On Aug 3, 2007, at 12:35 PM, Earle Jones wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2007, at 12:05 AM, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>

>> On Aug 2, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Tim Collier wrote:
>>
>>> I find that I'm using Pages and Mellel (another Universal Word
>>> Processor) more and more and Word less and less.  I hate how slow
>>> it loads on my Intel Macs and I'm beginning to doubt that I'm
>>> actually going to upgrade when (if) the update ever comes out.
>>> Tired of waiting for Microsoft.
>
> Tim:   Greetings!
>
> Have you tried 'NeoOffice' as a substitute for MS Office?  I wonder
> how it compares with Mellel.  The NeoOffice PowerPoint substitute
> works well -- so does the spreadsheet. (Intel iMac.)
>
> earle

Thanks, but I don't need a spreadsheet.  I do use FileMaker Pro 9 as
my database management tool.  I like it a lot.  I've just been
looking at Mariner as a Word Processor,  I still like Pages and
Mellel but I'm wondering if something else might be just as good.
Bless all of you who are devoted to Word, but even back when I was
still a PC user, I didn't like Office all that much.  Does Word
Perfect still exist?
--
Tim Collier
Mac Pro 2.66