[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Aug 3 16:48:15 PDT 2007

> Thanks, but I don't need a spreadsheet.  I do use FileMaker Pro 9 as
> my database management tool.  I like it a lot.  I've just been
> looking at Mariner as a Word Processor,  I still like Pages and
> Mellel but I'm wondering if something else might be just as good.
> Bless all of you who are devoted to Word, but even back when I was
> still a PC user, I didn't like Office all that much.  Does Word
> Perfect still exist?

Personally while I'm no doubt in your "devoted to Word" catagory, I'd love
to find an alternative that would do what I want just as well.  I use very
few of its features, but still haven't found a good replacement.  I'm
interested in checking out a couple that have been mentioned in this thread
such as Nisus Writer Pro.

I do use MS Excel, but my usage is light enough I could probably get away
with either switching to some Open Source alternative, or just staying on MS
Excel 2004 for the forseable future (even after switching to an Intel Mac.
My large databases are in either FileMaker Pro 5.5 (might upgrade one of
these days, or I'll switch to MySQL), or in Oracle RDB if they need to be web
accessible.

WordPerfect still exists, as does Quatro Pro and Paradox, they're all
available as a WordPerfect Office bundle.

Zane