[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Aug 4 18:32:13 PDT 2007

At 4:21 PM -0700 8/4/07, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>Vista is not the Macintosh, and thankfully, never will be.  Not even
>the Vista version of Word is the same as the Macintosh version.
>Word/Mac's upcoming new interface isn't slated to be the same as
>Vista's.
>
>http://www.tuaw.com/photos/office-2008-for-the-mac-screenshots/

Thanks Randy, that actually makes me feel *slightly* less
apprehensive about the upcoming Office 2008.

I'm curious, has anything been said about font handling and using it
with Adobe InDesign?  These are the two areas I'm most concerned
with, along with spell checking and grammar checking.  I would really
like to seen the font handling improved.  The sad thing is, this is
one area where MS Word 2004 blows anything else I've tried away.
What really gets me is that Apple Pages doesn't even seem to be able
to handle OpenType fonts!

		Zane