[X4U] Re:DVD copying

Dan A Currie dancurr at frontiernet.net
Sat Aug 4 20:06:25 PDT 2007

Dennis R. Cohen wrote:

>There are three separate "protection" considerations with commercial
>DVDs: Region Codes, CSS, and Macrovision. MacTheRipper deals with all of
>them and, once you've ripped to your hard disk, that content is
>Region-free (aka Region 0), DeCSSed, and had the Macrovision removed.
>This can now be written to a DVD-R, although you will often need either
>a dual-layer burner and DVD+/-R DL blanks or software, such as Toast 8,
>to compress the content to fit.

OK!

I used MTR to extract the movie - Just the Movie.

I then opened my new Toast 8, made sure that "Fit-to-DVD video
compression" was checked and dragged the VIDEO_TS file to the Toast >
Video > VIDEO_TS screen and got the following message.

The contents of the VIDEO_TS folder cannot be compressed.

Suggestions,

Dan