[X4U] Enabling Automatic Login

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Aug 6 00:26:27 PDT 2007

On Aug 5, 2007, at 3:24 PM, T.L. Miller wrote:

> When I go away for a week or so, I disable automatic login. When I
> come
> back, I re-enable it. Since I got back the last time, I can't re-
> enable
> on my iMactel w/ 10.4.10. I compare my Security settings and my Energy
> Saver settings with my MacBook that auto logins and they seem to be
> the
> same, but I still have to use my password every time on my iMactel.
> What
> am I missing?

I've never heard of this happening before.  But I can guess what
might fix it.

First I'd try shutting down and then pulling the plug and letting it
sit for a while before plugging it back in.  That might do it.

If not, try resetting the NVRAM:

1. At startup, hold down Option + Command + O + F
2. Type in "reset-nvram" , hit Return, "set-defaults", hit return,
and then "reset-all" and hit Return again. (Don't use quotes, as I
have done here.)
3. To exit Open Firmware, type "bye" or "mac-boot" (No quotes).

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html