[X4U] MacBook Pro decision

Jeff Johnson jrj1120 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:11:23 PDT 2007

Alas, these days, if you get 3-4 years of good performance from a
computer, that's good. I have a new MBP 2.4 GHz w/ 2 GB RAM and 160 GB
HD and assume that I will be ready for a new when when AppleCare
expires in 2010. Computers (esp. Macs) may *last* (much) longer than
that but the realiistic replacement time seems to be shortening.
Fortunately, you can increasingly get a very decent laptop for a price
that won't break most budgets. Compare what you can get now for $1000
or $2000 with what you got when you spent that kind of money 5 and 10
years ago. Pretty freakin' amazing.

Today's MacBooks (available to college students starting at $999 and
also include a free 4 GB iPod nano and a free printer) are dynamite
computers!

Jeff