[X4U] new imacs

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Tue Aug 7 21:23:20 PDT 2007

On 8/7/07 10:52 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> My guess is that the glossy screens are less expensive to manufacture
> than the matte screens, hence the increasing prevalence of the shiny
> displays.

I don't care about expense -- I'd pay more for a matte option. Poor eyesight
and needing to read text on *all* parts of the screen for work mean that
even a little glare is counterproductive. :( If all I did was look at
pictures or watch movies on my Mac, I might like the glossy, but I use mine
to make my living and the glossy is not helpful at all.