[X4U] Enabling Automatic Login

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Aug 8 11:18:19 PDT 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 6:53 AM, T.L. Miller wrote:

> Again, I have looked at Security and Energy Saver preferences and they
> match my MacBook's and it doesn't require a password. Is there some
> other preference I have missed?

Try this:

1. Open System Preferences.
2. Select "Accounts".
3. Click on the lock at the lower left corner.
4. Enter your user password in order to make any changes you might want.
5. Put a checkmark in the box at the instruction "Automatically log
6. Click on the lock again to save your changes.
7. Close System Preferences.
8. Restart.

This should enable you to start the machine and not have to enter
your password every time.