[X4U] new imacs

Tim Collier tim_collier at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 8 13:10:49 PDT 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 9:52 AM, nk wrote:

> that glossy surface is glass?
>
> well, not all glass is glossy; some is matte.  wonder if they
> really did their homework on this, esp. for pro users. I know
> places where they don't even want you to sit in front of a monitor
> with a brightly colored shirt on as the monitor will reflect some
> of that color, thus altering your judgement as you evaluate what's
> on-screen.. they have their workers wear a smock or something
> neutral on top of their bright colors..
>
> reflections from a glossy screen would cause the same/similar
> problem...
>
> nk

I think I posted (not sure if it was this list or not) we got one
yesterday.  The 24 inch display is absolutely beautiful!  BRIGHT
VIVID colors.  I'm using a 23 inch Cinema Display on this Mac Pro and
the display on the iMac has it beat hands down.  And the price was
only $1799 (the 2.4 gig model).  If you're thinking of getting one,
don't hesitate.  But, DO add a bit more RAM, I upped this one to 4
gig.  Runs really fast, we're very please with it.
--
Tim Collier
Mac Pro 2.66