[X4U] New Keyboards (was: iLife '08 and iWork '08)

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Aug 8 13:12:21 PDT 2007

At 9:19 AM -0400 8/8/07, Judi Sohn wrote:
>On Aug 8, 2007, at 8:50 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

>>If needed, I'll look at 3rd party keyboards.  I won't use a
>>keyboard like Apple is now selling.
>
>I have to agree. If this is going to be the all-purpose keyboard for
>Apple, it won't bode well. Remember those little round hockey-puck
>mice they tried for a few years? ::shudder::

This really reminds me of the keyboard they had at that time.  I was
horrified when I found that the very first G4 towers came with them.
I used mine for 3 days till I got that ADB-to-USB converter.  BTW,
they weren't the only ones guilty of "Hockey-Puck's", DEC sold them
in the late 80's/early 90's.  I have a 3-button DEC Hockey Puck for a
DEC VAXstation.

>I don't have a problem with the keyboard on the MacBooks. On
>MacBooks. I wouldn't want it at my desk.

My wife seems much happier since I gave her the keyboard from an HP
Itanium Workstation for her Mac Book.  :^)  But then she uses it at
the table.  One of these days I might give her system a real try
using its keyboard when I want to hide out and work on some writing.

			Zane