[X4U] New iMacs vs. Mac Pro (processor, performance)

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Aug 8 20:35:33 PDT 2007

The new iMacs look nice. I don't do lots of extremely processor intensive
stuff, but I'm wondering about whether the quad-core machines will be better
suited to fairly consistent use of Windows (XP or Vista) in a virtualized
environment alongside the Mac OS. How about Photoshop CS3?

Also, is the 2.8 GHz iMac truly using a different processor (Core 2 Duo
"extreme"), or is it just the same processor running at a faster clockrate?

Thanks so much,

Jim Robertson