[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 36, Issue 14

Jeff Carruthers jeff at carruthers.com
Thu Aug 9 15:02:27 PDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 5:46 PM, Swanson, Andrew C. wrote:

> I’m typing this on a Dual 800 MHz PowerPC G4. (Yes, G4) Don’t even
> remember how old it is. Think I bought it in 2000 (or was it 2001).
> I’ve just learned this week that it is now obsolete.  (The new
> version of iMovie requires a G5, if I read the specs right.) I’ll
> probably replace it soon, though not for that reason.... It has
> started shutting off randomly about once a week now. At first I
> wasn’t sure, because sometimes I would come back and it would be
> off instead of asleep. But then one day I was actually typing along
> and “click” - gone! As long as it’s happening only about once a
> week, I can live with it – eventually....
>
>    Andy

Andy: have you changed the internal battery in the computer recently.
That could cause it to act funny.

Just did it to my G4 sawtooth -- it had shut down during a power
failure and failed to reboot, as it was supposed to do.

Just a thought.

Jeff
Carruthers Communications           Tel: 520-625-1913
292 N. Camino del Vate, Green Valley, AZ 85614
www.carruthers.com                  e-mail: jeff at carruthers.com